Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You arrive at Entebbe International Airport, located on a peninsula that juts out into the largest fresh water lake in Africa, where a representative or your driver/guide from Uzuri Uganda Safaris will transfer you to Cassia Lodge in Kampala for your overnight stay. You can upgrade to either Kampala Sheraton or Kampala Serena.
Meal Plan: No meals inclusive
Day 2: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable N.P
Your guide will pick you up from Cassia Lodge in Kampala to commence your transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You can make a stop at the Equator Crossing at Kayabwe for some fun pictures, refreshment or ignore that for when you return. You will continue your journey with a stop in Mbarara for your quick lunch. After lunch, you will continue onto Buhoma or Kisoro in the viscinity of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Once in Buhoma/Kisoro, you will check-in at Silverback Lodge or Gorilla Valley Lodge where you will spend the night. On arrival, you will check-in at your chosen accommodation for dinner and overnight stay. You can upgrade to Buhoma Lodge or Chameleon Hill Lodge.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Gorilla tracking & transfer to L. Bunyonyi
Get up at 6.00am for a quick breakfast and transfer to the Buhoma gate of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. With packed lunch in your carry-on, your guide will deliver you to the tracking start point before 8:00 am for registration and a briefing on what to expect before commencing your tracking. The guides will then take you through the bush, pushing your way through the undergrowth, parting creepers, to track the gorillas.
When you finally locate the family that you are tracking, sit in the forest among the gorillas, listening to them grumble to each other, and marvel at the sheer size of the dominant male – the silverback. It is an extraordinary feeling sitting in the dense forest in the knowledge you are in the presence of the few remaining Mountain Gorillas in the wild. After the mandatory 1 hour is up, you will be led back to the starting point where your guide will be waiting for you to commence your transfer to Lake Bunyonyi. Overnight at Sharp Island Gorilla Lodge.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Drive to Entebbe & Depart
This morning, after your breakfast, and depending on what time your flight is, you can chose to explore a bit of Lake Bunyonyi (options to choose from include a canoe, a motorised boat tour of some of the 25 islands) and transfer back to Kampala with various stops including one in Mbarara town for your lunch. After lunch, you will continue on to Kampala with an optional stop at the Equator crossing. Your driver/guide will then complete your transfer to the airport in time for your evening flight back home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch
Should you be spending an extra night in Kampala, please let us know and we will book a hotel for your extra days.
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described above (or similar) according to the option chosen
- Transport and game-drives in air-conditioned 7-seater safari minivan or 4×4 safari land cruiser (depending on the option you have chosen) with pop-up roofs for game viewing
- Game-drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Gorilla permits
- Relevant park entrance fees
- Bottled water whilst on safari (One-litre per person per day)
- Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining Visas ($50)
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International or domestic airfare unless specified above