Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You arrive at Entebbe International Airport, located on a peninsula that juts out into the largest fresh water lake in Africa, where a representative or driver/guide from Uzuri Uganda Safaris will welcome you to the Pearl of Africa and transfer you to Cassia Lodge for overnight stay. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available.
Meal Plan: No meals inclusive
Day 2: Transfer to Murchison Falls NP
Depart Kampala headed to Murchison Falls National Park. The drive to the ferry-crossing should take you some 4-5 hours. After the ferry-crossing on the southern bank, you will check-in at Murchison River Lodge for lunch. After lunch, at 2.00pm, you will head out for the boat launch to the bottom of the powerful Murchison Falls. This three-hour boat cruise climaxes at the edge of the rift valley escarpment at which point you will get off the boat and trek to the top of the falls (wear sports shoes while on the boat for ease of trekking to the top). Having worked up a sweat, once at the top, get bathed in the misty spray that the Nile creates as it forces itself into the 7-metre cleft to create the famous Murchison Falls. Your guides will be waiting up top to transfer you back to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Morning & Evening Game Drives
Up at 6.00am, enjoy breakfast and head out for a game drive for a chance to view the glorious day-break from across the open savannah, birds and dotted woodland as well as riverine vegetation along the Nile. On the drive, you see lions, elephants, giraffes, antelopes of all types, buffaloes and a lot more. The vehicle has a pop-up roof so that you can stand and take better pictures. Your driver/guide will point out the animals so you do not miss them. There are also many savannah birds so bring along a pair of binoculars each. At between 10-11am, you will return to the lodge for relaxation. Later, you will go an evening game drive for a different experience when the African sun has gone down and the largely nocturnal animals awaken from their day sleep. Dinner and overnight at Murchison River Lodge.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Transfer to Kampala
Wake up at leisure and enjoy your breakfast. After, you commence your transfer back to Kampala via Zziwa Rhino Sanctuary. The rhino sanctuary is not part of Murchison Falls National Park but can easily be visited on the way to or from Murchison. Here, you track Rhinos on foot with guides, which is a most exhilarating experience. The trek is an hour and a half and you come into close proximity with the Rhinos. After your trek, you enjoy a picnic lunch and exit the sanctuary to complete your transfer back to Kampala. You should arrive back in Kampala in the early evening. Your driver/guide should drop you back at an appointed drop off or the airport if you are flying out of the country.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch
Should you be spending an extra night in Kampala, please let us know and we will book a hotel for your extra days.
- Accommodation in Standard Rooms as described above (or similar) according to the option chosen
- Transport and game-drives in non-air-conditioned 7-seater safari minivan with pop-up roofs
- Game-drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Relevant park entrance fees
- Bottled water whilst on safari (One-litre per person per day)
- Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International or domestic airfare unless specified above