Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You arrive at Entebbe airport, located on a peninsula that juts out into the largest fresh water lake in Africa, where a representative or your driver/guide from Uzuri Uganda Safaris will transfer you to you’re the Boma in Entebbe for your overnight stay.
Meal Plan: No meals inclusive
Day 2: Flight to Kihihi/Kisoro
This morning, after your breakfast, your guide will be at hand to transfer you to the airport for your morning Aerolink flight to either Kihihi or Kisoro airstrips in the vicinity of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – the home of the Mountain Gorillas. At Kihihi or Kisoro, a guide from Rickshaw Travels will pick you up and transfer you to either Buhoma Lodge or Chameleon Hill Lodge. After check-in, you have the rest of the day to yourself and you can squeeze in a spa treatment before lunch.
Afternoon: Go on a guided nature walk to meet the Ugandans who neighbour the park. You get to learn a thing or two about the culture of the people, so depending on which nature trail you take, you will have a chance to meet the traditional healer and learn how the Bwindi forest (a UNESCO heritage site) is used to treat people for various ailments. You could also visit a local school if the school term is in session.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Gorilla tracking and relax
Have an early breakfast preferably at 6.30am and be ready to transfer to the park headquarters. With packed lunch in your carry-on, your guide will deliver you to the tracking/trekking start point before 8:00 am for registration and a briefing from the rangers on what to expect before commencing your tracking/trek. The guides will then take you through the bush, pushing your way through the undergrowth, parting thick creepers, looking for where thee family of gorillas you are tracking spent the night. (Tracking/trekking can take from half an hour to 5 hours – a reasonable degree of fitness is required as well as a sturdy pair of walking shoes). When you finally locate the family that you are tracking, sit in the forest among the gorillas, listening to them grumble to each other, and marvel at the sheer size of the dominant male; the silverback. It is an extraordinary feeling sitting in the dense rainforest in the knowledge that you are in the presence of the few remaining Mountain Gorillas in the wild. After the mandatory 1 hour is up, the rangers and guides will lead you back to the starting point where your guide will be waiting for you to return you back to the lodge. You will have the rest of the day to yourself and can book a massage (not included in price) session.
What to bring for gorilla tracking/trekking: light hiking boots, light rain jacket, daypack, 2 litres of water, gardening gloves, binoculars, camera, long trousers either jeans/khakis, long-sleeved shirt, wide-brimmed hat, sun glasses, insect repellent and an energy bar.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Flight to Entebbe & Departure
This morning, enjoy breakfast and depart for the airstrip from where you will fly back to Entebbe Airport on a 9.00am flight – arriving back at Entebbe in the mid-morning. At Entebbe, connect to your international flight and depart for home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Should you be spending an extra night in Kampala, please let us know and we will book a hotel for your extra days.
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described above (or similar) according to the option chosen
- On the ground transport and game-drives in air-conditioned 7-seater safari minivan or 4×4 land cruiser (depending on the option you have chosen) with pop-up roofs for game viewing
- Game-drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Relevant park entrance fees
- Gorilla permits
- Bottled water whilst on safari (One-litre per person per day)
- Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining Visas ($50)
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International or domestic airfare unless specified above