Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You arrive at Entebbe International Airport, located on a peninsula that juts out into Lake Victoria, where a representative or a driver/guide from Uzuri Uganda Safaris will welcome you to the Pearl of Africa and transfer you to Cassia Lodge in Kampala for overnight stay. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available.
Meal Plan: No meals inclusive
Day 2: Transfer to Kibale Forest N.P via Sempaya Hot Springs
After an early breakfast, your driver/guide will pick you up from your hotel and you embark on a long scenic ride via Mityana and Mubende respectively to Fort Portal town. Continue with your safari following the meandering routes to Semliki National Park. Take a Forest Walk and visit Sempaaya Hot Springs. The male and female hot springs are phenomenal physical features. Return to Fort Portal and continue to Kibale Forest National Park, settle-in at Kibale Forest Camp for overnight. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking & Bigodi Community Walk
Today you are in for some real monkey business! After breakfast, we visit Kibale Forest National Park, reputed for having the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in East Africa. In addition to a large community of chimpanzees, there are 13 other primate species, including red, black and white colobus monkeys, red-tailed, vervet and blue monkeys, grey-cheeked Mangabeys, olive baboons, as well as four species of nocturnal primates. After the formalities at the park headquarters, you will head out on a guided nature walk in the tropical rain forest in search of the wild chimpanzees, red-tailed monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys and many others. The guides and rangers will provide detailed explanations, not only on primates, but also on all the forest fauna and flora and will ensure that your walk is both informative and enjoyable. The birdlife is prolific which is evident by the fact that there are more than 400 recorded species which includes Great blue Turaco, Grey parrot, Green-breasted & African pitas, Crested Guinea-fowl, Black bee-eaters, and African crowned eagles. Break for lunch and then embark on an afternoon Bigodi Swamp Walk. The swamp is a community-based tourism project which offers a platform for you to see more primates, swamp and forest birds. On your tour, you will likely see several kinds of monkeys including black and white colobus, red colobus etc. Other wetlands mammals include baboons, Sitatunga (an increasingly endangered swamp antelope), bush pigs, civet cats, mongooses, bush bucks and an occasional chimpanzee appearance. Later, return to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Visit Crate Lakes & Departure
Wake-up to the rhythm of nature, breakfast, and check-out and explore crater lakes that are numerous in this region. You will exit Kibale Forest National Park and can enjoy lunch in Fort Portal town before continuing onto Entebbe airport in time for you to check-in for your flight home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Should you be spending an extra night in Kampala, please let us know and we will book a hotel for your extra days.
• Accommodation in Standard Rooms as described above (or similar) according to the option chosen
• On the ground transport and game-drives in air-conditioned 7-seater safari minivan or 4×4 land cruiser (depending on your chosen option) with pop-up roofs
• Game-drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
• Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
• Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary
• Services of an English speaking driver guide
• Relevant park entrance fees
• Chimpanzee Tracking Permits
• Bottled water whilst on safari (One-litre per person per day)
• Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
• Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
• Gratuity for your professional driver guide
• Cost of obtaining Visas ($50)
• Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
• Travel Insurance
• International or domestic airfare unless specified above