Day 1: Arrival in Uganda
You arrive at Entebbe International Airport, located on a peninsula that juts out into the largest fresh water lake in Africa, where a representative or your driver/guide from Uzuri Uganda Safaris will welcome you to the Pearl of Africa and transfer you Cassia Lodge for overnight stay. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available.
Meal Plan: No meals inclusive
Day 2: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth N.P
After an early breakfast, we depart Kampala (at 7.00 am) for Queen Elizabeth National Park – a 7-hour drive through the tea plantations in or near Fort Portal town. You will make a stop for lunch in Fort Portal town. After your lunch, you continue southwards, leaving the highlands and head down into the rift valley, with the Rwenzori Mountain range in the distance, to Kasese town before finally reaching our destination. Should you have time to spare, visit one of the region’s crater lakes – Katwe where salt has been mined for centuries. Lake Katwe, which is situated just north of the impressive Mweya peninsula, is far too salty to support any wildlife.
However, since the 16th Century, it has ensured the survival of the Katwe residents, who spend their days under the equatorial sun, harvesting salt from its milky waters. Enjoy the spectacular drive to Katwe as you look out for wildlife including buffalos and elephants. Look out for Lake Kitagata – fed by salty hot-springs with no wildlife around but the spectacular views. Once you arrive at the salt lake, marvel at the network of paths and huts that have been built across the lake to support hundreds of workers. The salt is sold to traders from across Uganda, and as far as Congo and Rwanda.
This tour gives visitors a unique insight into the fascinating yet tough process of salt mining, as well as providing an alternative income for Katwe. During the tour of the lake you will see community members at work, cross the mud walkways. Dinner and overnight at the Bush Lodge. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Game Drive & Boat launch
After an early breakfast at 6.00am, your guide together with a game ranger will take you on a game drive to the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park through the Kasenyi track in search for lions, hyenas, buffaloes, leopard, water buck, bush bucks, Uganda Kob plus many bird species including ibis, fish eagles and vultures etc. You will head back to your lodge for relaxation and lunch.
At 3.00pm, you will embark on a boat cruise along the Kazinga channel – a major highlight of the safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park. On the boat cruise, you will have the opportunity to view great numbers of wildlife including elephants, crocodiles, hippos, buffaloes and large numbers of birds like eagles, kingfishers, sparrows, doves, weaver birds, eaglets and sun birds converging at the channel waters to enjoy a sip of the natural waters.
The cruise will take you nearer to the Uganda-DR Congo border with picturesque backdrop in the distance. You will then be driven back to your lodge for rest. Dinner and overnight at you’re the Bush Lodge. Upgrades to Luxury accommodation are available
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Trek chimps in Kyambura & depart
After breakfast, head to Kyambura game headquarters for a briefing before embarking on your Chimpanzee trek in the so-called ‘Valley of the Apes’. The vast Kyambura Gorge is part of the Western Rift Valley. Most visitors come to the ‘hanging rainforest’ for chimpanzee trekking. However, its beauty, its depth, where you feel that you are exploring another world is worth the visit. Trek along its paths, cross its creeks and rivers, look up and all you see is the sky – the gorge is one of the scenic wonders of Uganda and a nature lovers’ paradise.
After the chimp trek, travelling via Mbarara this time, you will have a chance to view the scenic Queen Elizabeth National Park at the rift valley escarpment. You enjoy lunch in Mbarara town en-route. Nearer Kampala, you will stop-over at the Equator Crossing, where the imaginary line that divides the earth into two halves passes. Here you do fun photographer and you can buy a souvenir from your Ugandan safari. You will complete your drive to Kampala if you are spending the night or Entebbe airport in time for you to check-in for your flight home.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch
Should you be spending an extra night in Kampala, please let us know and we will book a hotel for your extra days.
- Accommodation in standard rooms as described above (or similar) according to the option chosen
- Transport and game-drives in non-air-conditioned 7-seater safari minivan or 4×4 safari land cruiser (depending on the option you have chosen) with pop-up roofs for game viewing
- Game-drives, excursions and sight-seeing activities (if any) as described above
- Activities (if any) as outlined in detailed itinerary
- Transfers as indicated in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver guide
- Relevant park entrance fees
- Bottled water whilst on safari (One-litre per person per day)
- Personal expenses such travel and medical insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including water, soft drinks luxury champagne, spirits or meals not included in the itinerary
- Gratuity for Porterage / waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance
- International or domestic airfare unless specified above